Monday, March 14, 2011

Unexpected Visit

Saturday night Uncle Jeff called to say that he was in Ohio and he was coming down on Sunday to visit. The boys had church school; then we went to church. I had to work the majority of the day after that, but when I got home I was greeted to Jeff, Nate and Grandma and Grandpa, as well as a delicious pizza dinner!

The kids told me all about all the fun they had playing with them during the day. The highlight for the boys was playing "hockey" in the driveway. They also all got to watch an Ohio State basketball victory on TV. The visit wasn't on the calendar, but what a nice day it turned out to be.

_____________________________________________

This nice day can be offset by the next day, when the time change was fully felt by the boys. It was difficult to get them to go to bed when normally they get to stay up an hour earlier. Monday morning comes and I literally have to carry them out of bed. I then had to dress each one individually, then give them a "special" breakfast just to get them to eat! I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for their teachers! It seems like schools could start an hour later for a week to break them (and us!) in. I'll have to put that in the suggestion box...

No comments: