Sunday, March 13, 2011

Family Dinners

One of my favorite things in the world is having family dinners. It's not often that we don't eat together as a family, but so often it is rushed; or the radio is on in the background, making it a noisy meal; or there are those who are starved or not hungry, so that makes themgrumpy. There are many things that can detract from how nice a family dinner can be.

Today's dinner was one of the ones that I really cherish. The kids are all getting along, taking turns talking. They eat their meal without complaint, but not so rushed that they talk with their mouths full. Kevin and I get to have a discussion with the kids about the day. It was really nice.

I guess it's all the other days that makes meals like this stand out and make me appreciate them for what they are!

No comments: