Monday, March 21, 2011

Controlled by the Weather

I've written before about how I do my best to not listen to the weather report because more often than not the forecast tells us it's a bad idea to enter out into the world, and then the day is over and no impending doom as occurred.

Today we decided to venture out and take a walk around a lake with some friends. It's a potentially dangerous idea because if you're on the opposite side of the lake when it starts to rain there's zero place to go for cover. The forecasters were using words and phrases like "torrential," "moving rapidly" and "positive omega forcing," none of which I'd like to be caught in.

Fortune was on our side, however, and we had a delightful walk and the kids even got to run around the playground before we went home for lunch. So, I'm done with it. I do like Larry Handley, but I think I'm going to skip the weather newscast from now on.

No comments: