Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Midweek Moments

  • Going through Louie's folder I saw that he got a sticker that has a picture of a dinosaur and it says "Nice Try" on it. Lou informed that he thinks it says that because it's a triceratops. Not sure if the coffee hadn't kicked in yet or not, but I was pretty impressed that he caught onto that.
  • Charlie drew his first "person" picture, or at least one that I recognized people in it! As in the past, I get so excited when the boys draw pictures of people--our family. When Lou first drew his I called them "chicken nugget people." Not sure what kind of artist Charlie will be because when I went to find the picture it was crumpled up and cut up. I'm guessing he's a bit more on the avant garde end of the spectrum. (I'll have to post the picture later.)
  • In the last couple of weeks I've attended a PTO meeting and a board meeting at the preschool. In both, the topic of technology has come up in discussion. This is a point of conflict with me. As much as I love technology (i.e. digital cameras, the internet), I feel like it is healthy for all people to have the ability to disconnect from electronics. Not all the time, but sometimes. There is so much to be appreciated around us and as much as technology has been responsible for some really great things (this blog, for instance, ha-ha), it does cut us off from the "living" world. On the other hand, I want my kids to be well-versed on the ins and outs of technology because (as the talk in the meetings suggested) that is where classrooms and education in general is headed. In the not-too-distant future kids will be reading on iPod Touches instead of textbooks. (Wow. Just now getting to my point.) Benny has found a game that he can play on a website and he loves it. He talks about playing it all the time and I wonder if he
  • As I type this I see a squirrel digging up a bulb that I planted. Ugh. Please, please, please let there be a few flowers that pop up this spring!

No comments: