Tuesday, February 9, 2010

For the Love of Snow Days

The day is done and I have to say, even with the moments of craziness and creeping in on cabin fever, I really, really like snow days.

I like being forced to be homebound sometimes. We rush around so much with school drop-offs and pick-ups, appointments and play dates that it's nice to have to stay put for a while.

Part of that comes from the fact that I feel like I got a lot accomplished today! We were gone all weekend and last week was pretty busy so the laundry had piled up, among the multitude of other things that had to be done around the house. In addition, we made paper snowflakes and shoveled two driveways!

I know that a generation ago, people didn't leave the house as much as we do today. I imagine that if I had to pick, I'd choose to have the ability to leave the house more often. I like being able to go to the zoo, the park or the museum. There isn't a bus system, so I have to be able to drop off and pick up the boys from school. We are busy, and there are other parts of our life that are affected by it, but I think that we have a lot of great experiences because of it.

And that is why snowdays are so treasured in our household. It shakes things up a bit!

No comments: