Sunday, March 1, 2009

The winds of change are a-comin'

We took advantage of not having a whole lot going on today to make a big change: move Charlie up to the big boys' room. We have an extra crib that Laura and Walt graciously let us borrow the last time we went through the "big move" and thankfully haven't had to request it back because it's playing a big role in our family's transition from a five-member to a six-member family.

I knew it would take a while, but wasn't sure how long it would take for Charlie to adjust. I mean, it's completely different from when Louie had to move upstairs all by himself to make room for Benny. Although, Louie was quite a bit younger than Charlie. Well, I guess not too much. I think Lou was 16 months when we finally moved him upstairs and Charlie is now 19 going on 20 months. Anyway, Charlie has it way better than Lou did.

The nap went OK. Charlie fell asleep on Kevin and only cried for a minute when put in the crib. However, he only slept for about an hour, which is about as long as Benny slept right next to him. I'm guessing this is going to take some getting used to. Charlie is a fairly light sleeper, but I think Lou and Ben were too, when they were on the ground floor.

They all went to bed a little earlier than usual and talked for a while, which is what I expected. It was so sweet to hear Louie and Benny comforting Charlie in his new room. They were saying things like, "It's OK, Charlie. You'll be OK" and "We're right here, Charlie." But it didn't take too long for us to hear nothing but sleep noises coming from their room.

I know that last night we were probably just lucky, but I'm glad we've started this soon so that the boys have time to adjust before Baby 4 arrives!

No comments: