Monday, March 9, 2009

The Smell of Spring

My favorite thing to do is open the windows to let the breeze flow through the house. This happens two times of year: spring and fall. This past week I've loved opening up the windows to let the clean air in, with a scent that a candle or air freshener company cannot replicate. Ahhh...

Needless to say, we've been taking advantage of the weather. What's the secret to happiness as a toddler boy: Three dump trucks and a mom who doesn't get (too) upset over dirt encrusted pants. It was amazing. Each of the boys had their truck and played (quietly & peacefully) in the soon-to-be vegetable bed. It was heaven. I was able to start organizing our wreck of a garage. I could do this every day of the week!

And before I forget to add my "sign that my kids are of a completely different generation": we're driving to my parents' on Sunday and Lou yells to me from the back of the van, "Mom! I found this bracelet with a clock on it. Will you put it on me?"

No comments: