Monday, March 23, 2009

East of Eden

After it was decided that Benny would be OK, we headed out to Eden Park to meet up with Owen, Eli and Amanda. We were at the overlook, on the east side of the park (hence the title). There's a great playground that the boys enjoy and soon we were traveling upward on the old stone steps in the woods. I wasn't too confident in myself that I'd make it up, let alone the boys. But everyone made it to the summit in one piece and we were rewarded with a nice view of the river.

The guys hanging out on the wall...me being afraid of heights I wasn't all that thrilled! (It wasn't like they'd fall off into the river, though.)


These four guys all wanted to look out the hole at the bottom of the wall--at the same time. I'm not sure exactly what game they were playing, but it was their "lookout." The moms tend to talk too much when we get together!

A picture of the five boys tossing things to make big splashes and to scare the ducks.

The little guys. I find myself stopping the others from doing things that really aren't that big of a deal just because I'm worried about Charlie. Case in point: the boys were tossing things into the pond and I visualized Charlie Bear going head first into the water. One day his day will come...

No comments: