Monday, September 20, 2010

Now Appearing in the Lounge...

I get tired of repeating myself. It's probably my biggest pet peeve about parenting. It's extremely frustrating to not be heard, and when you're dealing with kids they're the biggest culprits of tuning a person out.

My kids need reminding about everything--where the dirty clothes go; that we need to put shoes on now; and, unfortunately, they need to be reminded to wash their hands. I've gotten to the point where I'm so frustrated with their not listening that I've begun singing in order to get the message across. I usually take a tune and put some random words together.

Today, Charlie got to enjoy "Don't Forget to Wash Your Hands" to the tune of "Take Me out to the Ball Game." I'm not a musically-inclined person so no, it didn't really follow the tune very well but Mere liked it and was bopping along with the beat in Charlie's face to make sure he got the message.

I think Meredith and I may have a calling ;)

No comments: