Thursday, September 16, 2010

I WANT MY UNDERWEAR!

Today was not a good day. Exhaustion has permeated every pore of my boys' bodies. Nothing helped--not snacks, not a nap (only because it's near impossible to get them to take one these days), not a favorite movie, not running around the backyard. We're all at the end of our ropes.

This carried over into dinner. Benny decided that he didn't want to eat his food, but he wanted the leftover sundae that Grandma and Grandpa had brought him the night before. He flipped out, screaming, "I WANT MY SUNDAE! I WANT MY SUNDAE! I WANT MY SUNDAE!" and I was just glad that we weren't out in public because I could ignore him until he settled down. I've learned from experience that you cannot reason with a child when they are so wrapped up in anger and frustration. Honestly, they don't even want that thing that they so desperately scream that they do.

Case in point: Louie was getting ready to take a shower and asked if there was any underwear in the laundry basket sitting next to me. Benny, fuming that I was answering Lou and not him, screamed even louder, "I WANT MY UNDERWEAR!!!"

We all burst into laughter, even Benny for a moment before he realized he was supposed to be mad.

No comments: