Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Bug is Back

Poor guy. Louie woke up around 12:30am and was not as fortunate as last time. He puked all over his bed. I should have known something was wrong because before I went to bed I heard him calling out in a dream and when I went to check on him he was rolling around and had a strained look on his face.

I got him cleaned up and rinsed out his mouth and settled in on the couch in the living room. He then proceeded to vomit every half hour from then until 4:30am. If you want specifics, only the first time had any substance. Today his tummy is a bit sore. There's not much we can do other than wait it out and see if it stops.

Looking back, I really lucked out last time. He only made it to the toilet once this time around. I thought the bad stuff was through, but he just emptied himself again not long ago (of what, I'm not sure). Goodness. I wish there was something I could do to make him comfortable, but not much is helping. I guess that means that we still have some ways to go.

No comments: