Saturday, May 15, 2010

Wish You Were There

I went to the Reds game last night with some friends. We try about once a year to go downtown to Skyline and then to the game. It's such a fun night and something I really needed--a night out with the girls--but a part of me really wanted Kevin and the kids there. I didn't want them to miss such a fun game and great post-game show!

The Golden Eagles, the Army's parachute team, came floating down from the sky minutes after the game ended and then came the fireworks. I don't know what it is, but I could sit there all night watching fireworks. It probably helps that there was a great soundtrack to go along with it, but there's something about them that makes me feel like a kid. The wonder, amazement of it all.

And that's something that I don't want the kids to miss out on. I really wish that they were there.

No comments: