Friday, May 14, 2010

Gracie is One!!

One year ago I went with my parents to wait for the arrival of my niece or nephew. It is such an odd thing being on the other side, but one I loved and can't wait to happen again!

It's an amazing thing to have a child in your life that you love with all your heart and yet you didn't have her in your belly. Although I still have not embraced "Aunt Annie" (sounds like a silly cartoony name doesn't it? Or a pretzel place?), I love being an aunt and am excited to Gracie as a big sister!

I love seeing my brother take on the role of Daddy and do it so well, and see the special bond that he and his baby girl have.

And Erin is such a great mommy! Grace is so blessed to have her for a mother, and I know that they will have a wonderful relationship in the coming years.

Happy 1st Birthday, Miss Grace!!

No comments: