Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Lovely Afternoon







Saturday was absolutely gorgeous so we decided to take the kids to go fly kites. In the past we've gone to Lunken Airport and Ault Park, so this year we went to French Park and we'll definitely being going back soon!

French Park is a place that I spent a lot of time at growing up. It has a lot of land with both wide open space and wooded areas, playgrounds and shelters. We found an open area in front of the old mansion and started put the kites together. Being on top of a hill, it was easy to get the kites up, even the boys could (kinda) get them up themselves.

Unfortunately, I only thought to take pictures of the kite flying, which may be the most difficult thing in the world to photograph, but I tried. The really great shots would have been of the hike we took afterward. I strapped Meredith into her Snugli and we took off down a hill to the creek. The boys were all wearing their boots so they were able to walk through the creek, which was a lot of fun for them! It was neat to watch them having fun, doing something I remember so vividly from my childhood. The exploring, the discovering, the enjoying the sunny day in the woods, seemingly far from civilization. It was such a fun day, one of those ones that I know will be burned into my memory for a long time. One of those days that when I think back to my kids' childhood, it will stick out for me.

No comments: