Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pizza Boats


Did anyone else grow up having these? When we were in grade school my siblings and I were allowed to pick one day to have hot lunch. More often than not, pizza boats were chosen. I've never made them at my house before, and I wanted to see what the boys thought of them. They had to have been created by a mom. Who else would have the genius to take leftovers and turn them into a delicacy?

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure, Pizza Boats are hot dog buns filled with pizza sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese. They are easy to make, easy to eat, and if Lou and Ben had any sense they'd think they were delicious.

I've got one boy, though, who is open to trying new things! Charlie enjoyed his and I'm hoping that the boys will come to terms with the pizza boat and like them as much as me and Bear...because I have a feeling there will be many lonely hot dog buns in the fridge in the future.

No comments: