Friday, November 14, 2008

Beautiful Mid-November Day

Today we went to the Museum with our friends Owen, Eli, and Miss Amanda and had a wonderful time, all except for the part where I lost Charlie!

The boys have been begging to go back down to see the Clifford exhibit and it was supposed to rain all day, so what better time to go to the museum? Well, it turns out it was actually 60-degrees and sunny, but we went anyway.

As I've posted before, the Big Red Dog exhibit is great, with so much for the kids to do. But one thing Amanda and I noticed is that there are just too many nooks and crannies for the kids to hide in. Not sure if it is the way that the room is set up or what, but it seems like you spend the whole time finding one kid or the other because there is just no way that they're all going to want to do the same thing.

At this particular moment, they did. Lou and Owen were behind the counter at the restaurant cooking up soup and seafood while Ben and Charlie were sitting at the counter and Eli was going back and forth. Charlie wanted to see what the kitchen was all about so behind the wall he went...and that was the last I saw of him...for the next five minutes. (It may not have even been that long!)

I know that I have an over-active imagination, but it's amazing the kind of scenarios I can cook up in my head when my baby is missing. I ran all over the room, looking for him with Amanda's help, when I asked one of the many workers to help look for Charlie.

There are three workers that staff the door, then another that works the desk to check passes. Charlie the Wonderboy got pass me and these staffers and made it all the way across the lobby area, and tried to go into the Children's Museum! While I was frantically searching in the Clifford room he was probably slowly making his way to the door. I didn't think to look at the door because of all the workers.

Luckily, they all have walkie-talkies and someone from the Children's Musuem called over to say that she had my little boy. Goodness! Apparently he walked over to the other entrance, looked up at a big person, then pointed back to the Clifford exhibit. I guess he had it under control all along.

I had had about enough of that room for one day, so we headed over to the (very tightly and securely contained) 4 and under room before having lunch. The lunch tables were packed so we enjoyed a nice lunch out on the steps in front of the museum.

A very nice day, overall.

1 comment:

Mrs. G. said...

Your boys are precious!