Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I think I lost this war

Louie won. This war of taking a nap or not taking a nap has been going on for quite some time and today he came up to me in a very reasonable manner and explained that he does not need a nap anymore and will get all his sleep tonight.

The thing about Lou, though, is that he can entertain himself pretty easily without my help. I can get some work done around the house and start the soup for dinner and he'll mold things out of clay or read his library books. If it should happen that I'd want to shut my eyes for a few minutes, he won't burn the house down. Now, if it were either of the other two...I'm not sure I'd be reacting so calmly.

I think it's OK, though. He'll be five in almost four months. It's been a good run.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

It's OK to grieve the loss of the nap. The two of you were dear friends so it's natural for it to hurt a little. If you need to cry, do it. :) Your friend will be missed.

Amanda said...

Also, enjoy the earlier bedtimes(?). That's definitely my new friend: early bedtime.