Monday, February 16, 2009

Treats Galore

A mother at the boys' school brought up a good point yesterday: Valentine's Day is getting as bad as Halloween. You should see all the candy the boys brought home. Enough to keep them awake until they go back to school on Tuesday, that's for sure! I debated on what to do. I didn't have time to do anything creative, and with all the allergies there's not a whole lot of options, but when I saw a box of Fun Dips I went ahead and bought them. They have the valentine right on the package! So easy.

It'd be a whole lot easier if the school just said, "Just Valentine cards." They get special treats at school, and then their teachers give them a little something to take home. Some kids even gave out Frisch's meal coupons! I have issues. I know, it's silly. Even though the boys probably have no idea what's going on, who is giving what, just in case, I didn't want them to be the only one who didn't give a piece of candy.

And to top it all off, if its possible, I have the one candy that is just a packet of sugar. Eaten with a sugar stick. Yes, I know that on Tuesday morning the moms will be coming over the thank me.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

but the kids will all think you're the coolest mom around!