Monday, February 23, 2009

The Pluses and Minuses of the Infuriating Headcold

Starting Friday night I had the beginning symptoms of a head cold. It wouldn't have been overly terrible if it weren't for the fact that on Saturday I had an all-day event (9am-8pm) with my good friend Jenni, whom I only see once or twice a year! I had to go, and so I did and felt worse as the day wore on, but it was fun and I got a lot accomplished.

Minuses:
  • Being pregnant, there's nothing I can take to help relieve the pressure in my head, or help dry up the enormous amount of fluid residing in my skull
  • Having three little ones running around, I can't take advantage of the one, true remedy: sleep
  • There's still plenty of stuff that needs to get done around the house, that won't wait for one to stop acting like a baby and start feeling better
Pluses:
  • Although this is a big ol' minus for Louie and Benny, I can't smell when Charlie has let off a bomb in his diaper. The boys tell me about it, and what's great is that when I am changing him I don't start gagging!

No comments: