I'm sure many of you are shaking your heads, wondering what on earth I'm thinking (namely, my brothers). But I think it'll be great for them. And I'll give you my reasons why:
- They are relatively young (going on 5 and 4), so they don't know better.
- We have German heritage coming at us from all bloodlines, so it's good to keep the traditions going.
- I've heard that compared to other heritage dance groups, this is very laid back and can sometimes even be chaotic--perfect for us!
- They both can be relatively shy with groups of people, and I think this would be a great way for them to overcome their timidness.
- It's a family affair! The practices take place at a local German society and the whole family goes to enjoy the experience. After practices the families hang out, have some good ol' fashioned quality time :)
- They get to wear incredibly cute lederhosen--enough reason in itself!