Monday, December 15, 2008

No lack of imagination

For those of you who don't know, Amanda and I met when we were teaching, many, many moons ago. We both taught high school English, but became fast friends when we found out that we both love photography* and baseball.

The reason I bring this up is because today they came over for lunch and afterward the boys played while Amanda and I chatted. All of a sudden we realized that the boys were reenacting a scene from Don Quixote. I'm pretty sure neither of them have read the Cervantes story, but there they were, acting out the famous "windmill" scene. Granted, the windmill was actually the washer and dryer. Regardless, it was neat to see them dressed up in their knight garb, armed with swords.

It makes a book-lovin' momma proud.

*I just appreciate, whereas Amanda can exhibit extremely well her love of photography.

No comments: