Thursday, December 4, 2008

Music Therapy

I've found that when the boys are fighting and being otherwise unbearable, if I start singing Christmas carols (usually at the top of my lungs) it not only gets the boys to stop fighting but also allows me to cool down a bit. Which is good because a lot of times I use this strategy when driving.

Today, however, it occurred as I was picking up throw pillows from the couch and the coasters that are strewn around the living room at least nine times on a daily basis. Ben woke up from his nap on the wrong side of the bed and didn't like the choices in snacks. He was screaming, Lou was upset about something else, and Charlie thought it all was pretty funny and started to re-toss the pillows.

I began singing the "Christmas is Coming" song (not sure if that's the title), stopping after one verse because I wasn't sure where to go after that.

Lou looks at me and says, "What does that all mean??"

I didn't have an answer for him. I was never one for asking questions. I just sang about fat geese, hay pennies and figgy pudding without pondering what it all means. Feel free to send answers my way to enlighten my child.

No comments: