- This is going to be a difficult couple of months for Charlie. When it was him and Ben it wasn't bad, but now that he is the only one left out he is suffering badly. When I wouldn't buy him his own pair of spikes he flipped out and decided that he'd wear Louie's from last season--a pair that is too big for both Ben and Charlie.
- I'm going to have to figure out how to get Ben to take a nap on days that they have practice and games. He had a slight meltdown at the beginning of practice and even though I'm sure it was due in part to his nervousness at starting something new, all those tears could have been avoided if he was well-rested. Now, to figure out how to get him to nap...
- There are a lot of kids who don't want to be there. Whether they thought they'd enjoy it, or will eventually enjoy it, or they're just there because their parents want them to enjoy it, there was quite a bit of complaining/not paying attention going on.
- I know I've mentioned this before, but it is so neat to see how seriously the boys take their baseball playing. They each have a bat bag with a bat and spikes and their glove inside. The each wore a hat (Lou, his Dodger hat from last season; Ben, a Reds hat). They carry their water bottle and then set it down next to the team's bench. Then they get down to business.
- Their team is called the Angels. They are so very excited about this because they have become fans of the movie, "Angels in the Outfield."
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Last night was the first practice for Lou, Ben and Kevin. It was a beautiful evening to kick off the season, even if they did have to spend all their time in the grass because the nice weather was not enough to dry out the diamond. Here is a grouping of thoughts from the night: