Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

A big part of getting ready for Easter is picking out special outfits to wear to church. Kind of like the beautiful crocuses, hyacinths and tulips popping up in our yard, Easter presents us with a time to spiffy ourselves up. I've mentioned how we had no problem figuring out what Miss Meredith was going to wear, but the boys were a different story.

Charlie has a really cute sweater vest that he could have worn, but most of the time the boys are all about "one for all and all for one" when it comes to dressing themselves. I looked at stores for ties and I was finding ones for $11. I decided to give it a go myself. A while back I found a pattern online for little boys ties and even though I am extremely new to the world of sewing I thought I could attempt it. And in typical Annie fashion, I waited until Good Friday to attempt it.

Believe it or not, I made three ties that could be worn. They weren't perfect by any means, but they worked! (I'm so excited, if you can't tell.) Here are some pictures from the day, that started with finding eggs and baskets at our house; mass with the family then brunch at my parents'; and ending the day at Aunt Robin's for dinner. It was a gorgeous day, making me a huge supporter of living in areas where there are seasons. I mean, do you think residents of San Diego would appreciate the weather we've been having if they didn't go through the winter we just had? Probably, but I tell myself otherwise.

Happy Easter to you!


Meredith's sun bonnet. Gracie got the same one in her Easter basket and the Easter Bunny(s) didn't even go shopping together!

Not a great shot of their ties or Mere's dress. We definitely weren't on the ball, as far as that goes. And yes, Louie's tie is a bit short, made to look even shorter by his shirttail hanging out!

Gracie's first Easter!

Charlie didn't get it that the eggs in the tree weren't just easy pickins.

The negligent mom not realizing that sun in April can still burn a fair-skinned baby's skin.

An egg rolled out into the middle of the pool cover.

Meredith and Charlie at Aunt Robin's

I think Mere and Charlie will be like my cousins Katie and Andy. They're also the two youngest in their family and such good friends.

A closeup of the ties: I should have made a point to make Lou's longer since he is obviously taller than the other two. Maybe I'll put together some more for upcoming events...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Those ties are so stinking cute! Great job! And, I like the mama's outfit too! :)