Thursday, April 8, 2010

3 + 1 = More

I'm not sure how it is, but having Louie on spring break today while trying to get Benny to school and do the normal "while Benny's at school errands" was so much more difficult than when Louie is at school. Why is that? Should one more kid make all that much difference?

They were bonkers today, creating a confrontation with me over everything from breakfast to where their hand was on the grocery cart. Speaking of which, in the future: even if we are completely out of milk, eggs, fruit, out of anything that the kids will eat, I will not go to the grocery with all four of them ever again. I'm repeating myself, but that one extra kid made all the difference. We couldn't get in the door and they were fighting and hurting and causing a big ol' commotion. This isn't normally how we roll. They are normally helpful and relatively quiet through the store (we go extremely quickly, so it doesn't leave much time for mischief!), and today even though they each had a list of stuff they needed to look for, they were crazy. And that was just in the morning!

I don't know. I'm going to blame it on the major weather change. The warm weather has been replaced with rain and cold and mostly gray skies. That has to be it. Good news, though: the weekend is supposed to be really nice!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I so wish I had read this before this morning. It would have made me feel so much better. And like I shouldn't whine because I have only half your brood. :)