Monday, July 20, 2009

Curses! Foiled again!

This morning Louie asked me why Daddy and I sometimes spell things out when talking, and when we're going to tell him what we're talking about. See, that's the difference between Lou and his two younger brothers. Even if Ben and Charlie noticed that we were spelling words out, they wouldn't care. Lou, on the other hand, is always curious about what's going on around him and wants to be included in all of it. So the fact that we're purposely leaving him out of conversation is, in his mind, just not fair.

But the thing is, Kevin and I have spelled out conversations before and Lou makes a comment that leads me to believe he knows how to spell--it's directly related to what we're talking about! Bizarre. I guess it's possible that we are giving unknown clues that he picks up on to know what we're talking about.

In a similar story, growing up I had a friend who had to spell everything out--from "t-r-e-a-t" to "w-a-l-k" because her dog went nuts. Smart dog.

No comments: