There are a lot of CDs we listen to in our house and in the van, but some win out more than others. We have some great CDs that have been burned for us (thank you, Uncle Joe), but I wanted to put a list together of ones that you might be interested in for your family or maybe to give as a gift, because one of the best gifts you can give is music!
10. Garden State Soundtrack : it's a very soothing mix of songs that do a very good job of relaxing the boys--especially during long car rides! A favorite track: (4) "Blue Eyes"
9. ESPN Presents Jock Jams, Vol. 1 : Unfortunately, this CD is no longer with us, but when Kevin and I think back to all the fun we had playing it when Lou and Ben were younger, we laugh. I had to include it on the list. As soon as they heard "Let's Get Ready to Rumble!" they stopped what they were doing and started running around the house giving high fives and whatnot.
8. Disney's Children's Favorite Songs : A great collection of "old fashioned" songs sung by a guy and some kids. A favorite track: (9) "It Ain't Gonna Rain No More"
7. Sharon, Lois, & Bram, Mother Goose & More : Another compilation of old tunes, but this is sung by the famous trio. A favorite track: (31) "If All the Rain Drops"
6. Baby Einstein Traveling Melodies : I put this particular CD, but we do have a couple of the ones BE makes and honestly I can't tell the difference between them, but they do their job: settle a crying baby! I am not sure why it does, but pop this into the CD player when you're driving and can't calm the screaming tot in the back and all of a sudden there's peace and quiet...and it calms you so you don't wreck.
5. Laurie Berkner, Under A Shady Tree : Anyone (having kids or knows kids) who hasn't heard of Laurie Berkner needs to find out who she is and listen to her music. Mainly made up of original songs, she has a funny view of life and sets her thoughts to catchy tunes. A favorite track: (4) "Drive My Car"
4. Johnny Cash, The Essential Johnny Cash : Little kids like Johnny Cash? They sure do. His voice, his guitar, his stories--you can't go wrong. A favorite track: (1 on disc 2) "It Ain't Me Babe."
3. Laurie Berkner, Victor Vito : Another great compilation of her songs. It gets the boys up and dancing around and I think they really like singing they funny lyrics. A favorite track: (8) "BOOTS"
2. Paul Simon, Greatest Hits : An awesome CD, overall. There are so many great songs, and it flows so well, between upbeat and mellow tunes. A favorite of ours: (17) "Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard"
1. Jack Johnson, Curious George Soundtrack : This one will be our top CD because about 8 times out of 10 it will be played to everyone's (including Mommy & Daddy) liking. The songs are fun, and like Paul Simon's, they flow well and so it is easy to listen to the whole CD over and over again.