Monday, October 18, 2010

Much ado about Charlie

Ah, Charlie.

The kid who was pump-pump-pumped about going to school, just like his brothers. Time sure does change a person. Now, I have to fight him every day to go to preschool. Not that he doesn't like it. Not that he doesn't have friends. Not that he doesn't love his teachers. He's just content to be at home.

At home, he can eat when he wants to, play whatever whenever he wants to and, his mommy and sister are there. Each morning he nervously asks if it's the day he goes to school. I don't want to go to school! he pleads. When we get there, he holds onto my leg until his teacher takes him in her arms for a hug and says, "Charlie! I'm so glad you're here!" I walk away and he's always fine once he's in the room.

It's heartbreaking. I'm so glad this didn't happen with Louie! Or with Benny. It's so strange. Those two didn't start participating until late in the school year, but loved it regardless of how much they did when they were there. Charlie, on the other hand, was so excited for the first two weeks and then decided he was finished with it.

I know he's going to be fine, and he really does love it. And the plus side is that I get super-duper hugs from him, and almost all his art work is of me, him and Mere. And he has his teachers write things on the paintings like, "I miss Mommy" and "This is Mommy" and "I love Mommy." It's nice to be loved, but I am not trying to have him be a grown man who still lives with me and Kevin!

No comments: