Monday, October 25, 2010

Carving o' the pumpkins

I have to apologize right off the bat. This may be the worst posting of picture known to the world of blogger. The lighting wasn't great for taking pictures and...I really have no excuse for why they are bad, but I wanted to show you what went on Friday night, not just tell you.

Benny had his last game. It was a great season, although I'm not sure how many games they actually won. He made a good buddy who goes to the other school in our neighborhood, but I'm sure they will remain friends since they both love sports.

Afterward, they had a little banquet where the kids got a piece of pizza, a Caprisun and a trophy. I'm sure I've posted about my dislike of kids getting a trophy for everytime they sneeze, but if they're going to get them anyway, the one that Benny got was pretty cute. It's a soccer ball sans face, but has arms and legs. In one of the hands is a mini trophy. It's kind of ridiculous, but so is getting a trophy for just showing up. Ok, I'll stop with it.

Then we went back to our house to carve pumpkins. We've been accumulating quite a few of them and with Halloween around the corner we needed to get down to business!

It was kind of a cool night, but we had a bonfire going and there was enough running around by the kids for them to stay warm. They had a good time designing their pumpkin faces and they had lots of help with carving and de-gooping.

Below are the fruits of their efforts (along with Grandpa's and their aunts' and uncles'). The boys have entered the "spooky" stage of childhood, I guess you could say. They really like making scary faces now, with sharp teeth and mean eyes.

But right now, we have a lion, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle and a Spiderman for Halloween. Not exactly the spookiest, but things could change before Sunday!

No comments: