Thursday, September 10, 2009

Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On

I was in Meredith's room changing her diaper when I felt the floor beneath me start to shake. After she had a new diaper on we went out into the living room and saw this:

Ben informed us that there were some people out our front door. Pretty impressive stuff they've started today. Our neighborhood has been getting new streets for a while now, but I believe we're the last ones to get the pavement. I'm guessing this is because our street may need the most work. Not only are they repaving it, but they have to fix the sewer system, if not completely replace what is in our street.

It's been a while now that they've been making weird markings on the street and sidewalks, putting up stakes with flags on them. I was beginning to think they were never going to start. The day they begin, it is right in front of our house. Does that mean it is the worst right here?

I'm guessing that our trip to the grocery and library are canceled today. But at least the boys will be entertained by it. Nothing like having heavy machinery basically sitting in your living room!

No comments: