Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Funnies

Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while. --Kin Hubbard

Maybe I talk about weather too much and that's why Louie didn't want to, but when he called to ask Aunt Jill he didn't bother with the pleasantries of conversation, he just jumped right into the why of his call: "Hi, Aunt Jill. It's me. Will you buy a raffle ticket from me? It's only one dollar."

School has wiped at least one of our kids out. After three days of two and a half hours of school, Ben fell asleep on the couch at 5:30pm, couldn't be budged for dinner, and then proceeded to sleep until 6:30am. Then, he was raring to go.

Charlie has become the entertainment for the back seat of the van. He sits back there with Louie's two buddies from school and is his usual ham for them. They think he's the funniest thing since SpongeBob SquarePants. Maybe he should be a mime.

Although, with Benny going to school this week, I've found that the main reason Charlie hasn't started talking is, in fact, because of his brothers. He's said more during Ben's three school days than I've ever heard him say. And they are all in the form of commands. Nice.

I took Meredith with me to visit my friend Missy who recently had a baby. I was bringing some things in from the car and Missy relayed the conversation she had with my baby girl. You are so cute! (Big ol' smile from Mere) And look at those cheeks! (Scowl from Mere) No! That's a good thing. (Another smile from Mere) Missy said she really believes she was having a conversation with Meredith. I believe it, too!

Charlie just tried to show me his three point stance and he fell flat on his face. HA! And then he came up smiling :)

No comments: