Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A great day that just can't be spoiled

I keep looking at these pictures and wondering if in the future the boys will ask me what I was thinking. Do they look goofy? I have no idea how to do a good group picture. Same exact clothes; similar in color clothes; or whatever everyone feels comfortable in? Obviously I went with option 1. I wasn't going to, but I just love these T-shirts so much...and I didn't have time to come up with multiple equations of clothes.

Let's just say this may be a once every five years event. I'm hoping that in 2013 I'm not going to remember how difficult it was to get all of them smiling and looking at the camera at the same time.


After a long, long visit at the picture place we got shoes for Lou (he's a ring bearer in Sarah's wedding this weekend!) and then headed to Montgomery Park for lunch with Grandma, Grandpa, Grandma Alice, Lexi and Grandma Fischer.

The weather was perfect and the kids had a blast playing in the sand box, rocking on the teeter-totter, and flying kites. Then it was time to go. Lou didn't want to and it suddenly became obvious that he needed a nap. He stomped off to the van. Once inside and buckled, he began his tirade in which he turned the tables on me: "I don't want the park. I don't want the swings. No grass. No slides..." and he goes on and on, basically including whatever he sees in the list of things he suddenly doesn't want. He talks like this for a few minutes and then Ben says, "Louie, what's wrong?" with his sad voice that actually says "Wooie."
"I'm still mad! And I don't like butterflies!!"
I had to laugh (really hard, but inside). He has been a pain all day, and in the middle of his anger I am laughing at him. It was a really nice day (and not just because he makes me laugh).

No comments: