Monday, June 22, 2009

Thankful for Fathers

"My father didn't tell me how to live;
he lived, and let me watch him do it."
--Clarence B. Kelland

I have mentioned more than once how blessed I am to have Kevin for my husband, and I hope it is clear through my posting how equally blessed our kids are to have him for a father. All the spoken and unspoken moments he spends with them have more of an impact on our children than he realizes. He loves them so whole-heartedly it exudes out of him whenever they are together. One of my favorite sounds is the sound of Kevin's laughter when he is with our kids. He sees how funny they are, and how "parenting" should not get in the way of seeing the joy that is your offspring.

It amazes me that Kevin can come home from work, after a long, stressful day that the majority of us would just want to crash into bed and not wake up for a week, and yet he goes out and plays a 15 inning baseball game with the boys in the backyard. He has a miracle touch that can calm a crying baby when her mommy has ran out of options. He can whip up a gourmet breakfast that can satisfy even the grumpiest of morning eaters--and he lets them help him cook. I could go on and on about how fantastic of a father Kevin is, but I think you get the picture :)

We spent the day at my parents' house, with my siblings and I splitting up the duties of making the meal. I made this dessert that I found on the wonderful site, Bakerella. I knew the boys would be really into it, but it turned out fairly well overall even if they didn't look exactly like the example.

Here's a closeup of the dessert tray. Not only does Bakerealla have the burger and fries idea, she also has pdf files to print out the fry holder, tray and liner! It really made it fun to make.

Such a special Father's Day with two brand new granddaughters! Great-Grandpa and his two best girls. They are so happy to be doing a photo shoot!

Here with Grandpa, they're a little bit calmer. Maybe they don't want to be the center of attention.

And with the two proud poppas...still not all that happy.

So here is their daddies' impersonation of cry baby faces!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

OK, a new baby and an amazingly creative dessert! You really are something else! :)