Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer Storms

I've been up since 2am. We had a storm last night like none I've ever seen before. Things weren't too bad--actually, pretty neat--until the power went out at two o'clock in the morning. The lightning was unreal. It was non-stop, big bolt, little bolts, strikes that seemed like they were hitting the house two doors down. But when the power goes out, so do the night lights and the fan that works great for its noise that lulls little boys to sleep.

All four kids were up through the night, screaming, which is understandable. The house got really hot, on top of the lack of light and cooling methods. The boys all came down to the living room, bringing with them their pillows and blankies. Once they were calmed down, it wasn't too bad, just sporadic calling out, which I'm not even sure if they fully knew what they were doing.

I love summer thunderstorms. I grew up in a house that had a big screened-in porch and I loved to sit there and watch them blow threw. But if we don't get another one like that until the kids are older, I'm ok with that.

No comments: