Wednesday, October 1, 2008

That'll do, Pig.

Have you ever seen the movie Babe? Not the one about George Herman Ruth, but the one about the pig who is adopted by dogs who are sheep herders? It's good.

I was at the thrift store the other day, saw it for a couple bucks and bought it because I just knew the boys would love it.

A while back, right after Lou was born, I read a list of films that this particular person thought would be good to view in the development of a young man. I'm not sure if Babe was one of them, but it should be.

Tonight I was at my wit's end after grocery shopping with the three boys in tow and Kevin out of town, that when we got home I poured them cups of milk, put on Babe and walked away. I know I'm being dramatic, but their wild-child-ness was getting to be a bit much for me.

I was trying to get some stuff cleaned up when Louie and Benny asked me if I would watch the movie with the three of them. Couldn't say no. Those few minutes were enough. There's nothing like sitting on a couch with a boy on either side and one on my lap (can you guess which one? Benny) watching a great movie. The boys really enjoy it and I think it's great for them to see that kindness can conquer all. Perhaps I'm reading too deeply into a child's movie!

P.S. They laughed for 10 minutes after hearing the word "butt-head." They had never before heard the two words put together and it is probably the funniest thing they've heard to date. Let's just hope that it doesn't turn into their favorite put-down for their brothers!

No comments: