Friday, May 16, 2008

One year under his belt...

If school years fly by like this one did, I don't even want to think about how quickly Louie's graduation from high school will be here. Yes, it is only his first year in preschool, but it went so quickly! It has been a fantastic year for him. He's learned so much and grown up into a little man. (I was about to type that he has even started reading, but I'm pretty sure I dreamed that last night. Such is life for the mother of a baby that doesn't sleep through the night--confusing dreams with real life--but Charlie really is walking!)

Thursday we had Lou's end-of-the-school-year picnic. Everyone brought their lunches and the school had cake for everyone. The kids had a blast running around on the playground--the perfect size for their sizes. Louie's good friend Jonah was looking for him when we got there and they ran around most of the time, with Benny trying to keep up behind him. Ben will have a good time when he is in the 3-year-old class next year.



My cousin Katie is graduating from the nursing program at XU this weekend. The boys were asking what this party is all about that we're going to for her. I tried to explain that "graduation" is when you're finished with school and then you look for a job. Lou was quiet for a few moments then said, "Mom, I'm finished with school."
Me: "Yeah, what are you going to do now?"
Lou: "I should look for a job."
Me: "Really?"
Lou: "Well...I think I'll wait until I'm five."
Me: "What are you going to do until then?"
Lou: "...hangout at home, I guess."

No comments: