Thursday, May 12, 2011

Caught In Between

I have a traffic jam of pictures waiting to be loaded on here. I have thoughts and memories and funny anecdotes to share. But what I'm giving is a whole lotta nothing.

I'm finding that it is similar to my feeling with the video camera. I'd love to do it more, and I'm going to regret that I didn't, but picking it up (or, in this case, typing it up) causes me to be away from it actually occurring. Ok, maybe not entirely, but that's what I'm saying to make myself feel better.

These days of searching high and low for lost gloves and pacifiers; of reading books and doing math worksheets; of wiping noses and bottoms; of whipping up "three course meals" or nuggets and mac 'n cheese; of playing baseball and Star Wars and house and whatever else strikes our fancy...they are going by quickly and I'm going to be mad that I don't remember the details because I don't write it down as often as I'd like, I don't take as many pictures as I'd like...they're still going to be there. I'll be able to recall them, however fuzzy they may be. But, regardless, I am aiming to do a better job at typing them out and reflecting on why so many parents of grown children tell me that these are the years that you will remember.

No comments: