Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Little Girl

I feel bad that I haven't written posts like I used to, like I want to. I feel bad because I know that people who are not in town enjoy seeing what the kids are up to, seeing pictures of what they're doing these days. And even the people who do see them on a somewhat regular basis enjoy checking in, maybe to see a part of their day that they are not privy to. But another reason I feel bad about not writing is for myself. I have written on here before that, for me, the good thing about writing a blog is twofold: I can remember/have proof of what we do with our days, and I have found that in writing about these moments in our days it brings me a sense of appreciation for what I have and an understanding that when I am overwhelmed with the day-to-day activities, things really are good.

I feel absolutely awful that I have been depriving you of pictures and anecdotes of Meredith. She is sweeter than you can even imagine, and it is my joy to show off her smiling face. Since I began thinking about having kids, however many odd years ago it was, I always said I wanted four boys. I just thought that would be so nice. It isn't easy being female, and I didn't know how good of a mom I'd be for a girl-child. What I can tell you, now six months into this, I don't know if I've ever been happier, or more pleasantly surprised with what we have been blessed with, but it isn't about me, amazingly enough! I just hope that I can be as good to her as she's been to me. Meredith has been such a gift and I enjoy her more and more with each passing day.

This is sounding pretty sappy, so I'll stop here and post some pictures for you!

Her strawberry hat from Aunt Erin, Uncle Joe and Gracie





Meredith, on St. Nicholas Day morning--new socks!!

No comments: