Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Random Spouts from Ben

  • After telling me that a couple of older boys get mad at his friend and chase them around, I asked Benny why he thought they did that. His reply was, "They've got something wrong with their head. Maybe their brain is turned sideways or even backwards." I love kids' explanations for things!
  • The boys have been doing chores--three days a week they are on a rotating schedule of tasks. So, when Charlie sat down at the table to have a snack and Ben was in the middle of using the dustbuster on the kitchen rug Ben says, "Charlie, make sure you hold your head over the table! I don't want to have to clean up your crumbs!" Oh, I can only hope that translates into him keeping his own head over the table. Maybe making kids deal with the consequences of their actions will help create good habits. Or maybe I'm delusional.

No comments: