Monday, May 25, 2009

Fun Festival

We met up with some friends Friday night at the festival that raises money for Louie's baseball league (they also have softball and basketball leagues). Our friends have a boy who was in first grade this year, a girl in Louie's preschool class, another girl who is three and their mom is expecting in July. Our kids get along really well and Kevin and I always have a good time with their mommy and daddy.

We got tickets and figured out that they don't last too long. The two that Lou and Ben picked lasted all of of about two minutes each. And not that I'm promoting being scaredy cats, but I think we're fortunate that the boys didn't want to get on certain rides at the festival. I don't know if I would have been able to handle watching them on the super-spin-y, pin-you-up-against-the-wall ride or the flipping-shuttle-way-too-high-in-the-sky ride. I just get nervous.

Charlie had a great time riding with the girls. He smiling so hard the whole time I thought his cheeks would burst!



I guess the it was a bit too "childish" for the older boy, but the rest of the kids loved riding the train!


But the hit of the night was the sand volleyball court. We don't have any pictures of it, but you should have seen these kids! They dug holes, made piles, chased each other through it, had races, and (their favorite!) made sand angels. Needless to say, we ended the evening at home taking baths!

No comments: