Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Quiet Night

My Mom and Dad kept the boys overnight on Friday. Boy! was it needed. I am at my breaking point: plain exhausted, patience that's getting thinner and thinner, and...I guess running out of ideas about how to corral the boys.

They haven't been too bad, I just haven't been all that great at interacting with them! I think my parents recognized that and offered to keep them. This is a win-win-win situation. Grandma and Grandpa are in heaven when the boys stay the night, the boys are thrilled right along with them, and then Kevin and I get to hang out and actually have a date!

We had dinner at Carabba's, one of our favorite restaurants. It was Friday, so we had their incredible Calamari Ricardo and then Pasta Weesie, both of which we'd probably have even if it wasn't Friday. It's just that good.

Other items on our "date" was a stop at Lowe's for basement supplies and paint chips, and a stop at Graeter's--yum! When we got home we were able to stay awake for a movie, amazingly enough. We watched "Thank You For Smoking" and then hit the hay--with no middle-of-the-night wake-up calls or early morning risers. It was very, very nice.

If you are more interested in what the boys did, you'll have to ask them. I'm still enjoying having a "night off." Thanks Mom and Dad!

No comments: